Cacio y Pepe
Write a review
- Fresh Pasta, linguini or spaghetti
- 2 tbsp butter (I prefer unsalted because you will be putting salt into the pasta water)
- Lots of freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano (do not use something such as Kraft cheese in a can)
- 1-2 cups reserved starchy pasta water
- Bring a big pot of water to a boil. Add a lot of salt. Your water should taste like the sea. Add pasta and cook pasta until almost al dente.
- Reserve about a cup of the cooked pasta water. I like to reserve more, just in case.
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Ladle about 1/2 cup of the reserved water into a sauté pan over medium heat. It is important to use the water from the cooked pasta because the starch released from cooking the pasta will help thicken in the butter and pepper mixture.
- Add freshly ground pepper
- Add cooked pasta and the 1/2 cup of pecorino. Mix everything together and it should have a creamy consistency. If it’s too dry, add a little more of the pasta water.
- Garnish with more pecorino and cracked pepper.
My Recipe Source https://myrecipesource.net/