If you like Bananas Foster you will love this – and it’s made in a crock pot! No flame!
Candied Bananas Foster
Write a review
- 6 green tipped bananas, peeled and cut in quarters
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon rum
- 6 slices pound cake, about 1 inch thick
- 1 quart french vanilla ice cream, softened
- Combine bananas and coconut in crock pot slow cooker.
- In medium bowl combine cinnamon, salt, corn syrup, butter, lemon zest, lemon juice and rum. Pour mixture over bananas and coconut mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW 2 hours.
- For individual servings, place one scoop of ice cream between on top of each slice of pound cake.
- Ladle bananas and sauce over each sandwich.
- Dust with confectioners sugar.
My Recipe Source https://myrecipesource.net/