This is a simple yet delicious cookie. No eggs for the vegan. My husband loves these cookies because he says “the flavor lingers in your mouth’… he’s right!
Write a review
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups sifted cake flour (about 5 1/4 ounces)
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup ice water
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- To prepare cookies, place butter and granulated sugar in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 2 minutes).
- Place almonds in a spice or coffee grinder; process until finely ground. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, ground almonds, 2/3 cup powdered sugar, salt, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and cloves. Add flour mixture to butter mixture; beat until just combined. Add 1/4 cup ice water; beat on low speed until moist. Gently press mixture into a ball; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or until thoroughly chilled.
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Shape dough into 30 (1-inch) balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 300° for 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack
My Recipe Source https://myrecipesource.net/