Cumin-Spiced Fish Tacos with Avocado-Mango Salsa
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds (can also used pre-ground)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound tilapia fillets
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup sliced peeled avocado
- 2/3 cup finely chopped peeled ripe mango
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add cumin seeds; cook 2 minutes or until toasted, shaking pan frequently. Place cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, paprika, and black pepper in a spice grinder; process until finely ground. Combine cumin mixture and garlic; rub over fish. Return the skillet to medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add fish; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Combine the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, avocado, and next 6 ingredients (through 1/4 teaspoon red pepper). Stir in jalapeño, if desired.
- Heat tortillas according to package instructions. Break fish into pieces; divide evenly among tortillas. Top each tortilla with 2 tablespoons salsa. Can use your favorite taco toppings as well. Fold tortillas in half; serve immediately.
My Recipe Source https://myrecipesource.net/