Fassolakia (Greek Green Beans and Tomatoes)
Write a review
- 1 pound green beans
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 teaspoons tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- Salt and Pepper
- Finely chopped red bell pepper for garnish
- Trim ends of beans.
- Heat oil in large saucepan.
- Add onions and garlic and cook for 5 to 10 minutes until soft.
- Add beans to onions.
- Mix tomato paste with water. Pour mixture over beans. Add more water if necessary to cover beans.
- Add oregano, salt and pepper.
- Cover pan and simmer 15 to 20 minutes until beans are tender
- Remove lid and boil to reduce liquid.
- Serve garnished with red bell pepper.
My Recipe Source https://myrecipesource.net/