French Cinnamon Puffs
Write a review
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- ** Preserves or jam (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, cream together the sugar and shortening. Add the eggs and mix again. Alternate adding one-third of the flour mixture and one-third of the milk to the creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Fill the muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the muffins from the pan and set aside.
- To make the coating, melt the butter in a bowl. In a separate container, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Dip the warm muffins in the butter, coating thoroughly. Then roll in the cinnamon-sugarf .
- **NOTE: If you prefer to have "jelly puffs" chose your favorite jam or preserves. Only put 1/2 the amount of batter in the muffin tin cups, add a spoonful of the jam or preserves and top with the other 1/2 of the batter. Continue as directed.
My Recipe Source https://myrecipesource.net/