This recipe would be good also chilled as a summer dish.
Lemon Pepper Shrimp Orzo
Write a review
- 2 cups cooked orzo
- 3 1/2 tbsps fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 tbsp fresh curly parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsps butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Stir together orzo, 1 1/2 tbsps lemon juice, parsley, salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper. Keep warm.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of shrimp and saute for about 2 minutes or until shrimp is almost done. Remove shrimp to a plate. Add remaining shrimp and sauce for 2 minutes and remove shrimp to plate.
- Add remaining tablespoon of butter to skillet. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until garlic starts to brown. Stir constantly to prevent scorching. Add shrimp, remaining lemon juice, and remaining black pepper. Stir until shrimp is coated. Cook for another minute or until shrimp is done.
- Serve shrimp over orzo.
My Recipe Source https://myrecipesource.net/