Write a review
- 1 3/4 cups coarsely chopped onion
- 1 small lemon
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved (12 olives)
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can whole plum tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 12 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 pounds), skinned
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Chopped fresh rosemary (optional)
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Grate rind and squeeze juice from lemon to measure 1 teaspoon and 1 tablespoon, respectively. Place lemon rind in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate. Combine lemon juice, onion, and next 3 ingredients (through tomatoes) in a 5-quart electric slow cooker.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Place half of chicken in pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Place chicken in slow cooker. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours or until chicken is done.
- Place chicken thighs on plates. Stir reserved lemon rind into sauce. Serve sauce over chicken. Garnish with rosemary and parsley, if desired.
- Flavor Tip: Piquant, sharp, and tangy are just a few words to describe capers. Use capers sparingly to infuse sauces, salads, pizzas, dressings, and pasta or vegetable dishes with flavor.
My Recipe Source https://myrecipesource.net/