This is a great accompaniment to crab cakes!
Oyster and Wild Rice Bisque
Write a review
- 1 1/2 slices bacon
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups shucked oysters, undrained
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3 tbsp half-and-half
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Chopped flat leaf parsley
- Cook bacon in a large, heavy saucepan over medium-low heat 6 minutes or until crisp. Stir in onion; cover and cook 8 minutes or until the onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Strain oysters through a sieve over a bowl. Reserve oysters; add oyster liquid to pan. Combine clam juice and flour in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until smooth. Add clam juice mixture, broth, and bay leaf to pan. Increase heat to medium-high. Bring mixture to a boil; cook until reduced to 2 cups (about 6 minutes).
- Reduce heat to low. Discard bay leaf. Stir in rice, milk, half-and-half, salt, and pepper. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in reserved oysters; cook 5 minutes or until edges of oysters curl. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
My Recipe Source https://myrecipesource.net/