My sis-in-law recently gave us a 1 week subscription to Blue Apron. We received our three meals and this was the first one we made. It was delicious!
Triple Pork Mazemen
Write a review
- 10 Ounces Ground Pork
- 1 Slice Bacon
- ¾ Pound Fresh Ramen Noodles (can use dry ramen noodles, pre-cook and throw away spice packet)
- 1 Ounce Pea Tips (arugula might be good substitute)
- 1 Bunch Garlic Chives
- 2 Tablespoons Pork Demi-Glace
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Mirin
- 1 Head Garlic
- 1 1-Inch Piece Ginger
- 4 Parts Black Sesame Seeds
- 4 Parts White Sesame Seeds
- 1 Part Kibbled Nori
- 1 Part Sansho Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 475°F. Cut off and discard the top of the garlic head to expose the cloves, keeping the rest of the head as intact as possible. Place on a piece of aluminum foil; drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Tightly wrap the seasoned garlic head in the foil. Place on a sheet pan and roast 28 to 30 minutes, or until the cloves are browned and very tender. Remove from the oven and carefully unwrap; set aside to cool slightly.
- While the garlic roasts, wash and dry the fresh produce. Heat a medium pot of salted water to boiling on high. Peel and mince the ginger. Thinly slice the garlic chives. Roughly chop any large pea tips. Small dice the bacon.
- While the garlic continues to roast, in a large pot, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil on medium until hot. Add the bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes, or until browned and crispy.
- Add the ginger and all but a big pinch of the garlic chives to the pot of bacon; cook, stirring frequently, 2 to 3 minutes, or until softened and fragrant. Add the ground pork; season with salt and pepper. Cook, frequently breaking the meat apart with a spoon, 4 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned and cooked through; season with salt and pepper. Turn off the heat.
- When cool enough to handle, using your hands, gently squeeze the individual cloves out of the roasted garlic head; discard the skins. To the pot of bacon, aromatics and ground pork, add the roasted garlic cloves, soy sauce, mirin, demi-glace and 1 cup of water; stir to thoroughly combine. Heat to boiling on high. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes, or until the liquid is slightly reduced in volume.
- While the sauce simmers, add the noodles to the medium pot of boiling water, gently stirring to separate; cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender. Drain thoroughly and transfer to the pot of sauce; cook, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes, or until the noodles are thoroughly coated. Turn off the heat. Stir in the pea tips; season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide ⅔ of the finished mazemen between 2 bowls (you will have extra). Garnish with the remaining garlic chives and as much of the spice blend as you’d like. Enjoy!
Adapted from Blue Apron
Adapted from Blue Apron
My Recipe Source https://myrecipesource.net/